“Happiness is SOLD to us as an event or thing, and consequently, our finances have suffered. Fun can be bought with money, but happiness cannot – Dave Ramsey
Let’s refine this statement:
Happiness and fun are SOLD to us as an event or thing, and consequently, our finances have suffered. Happiness and fun can be bought with money, but JOY cannot.
Webster’s defines “MEDIA” as THE INSTRUMENTS of news communication as radio, television and newspapers. The INSTRUMENT better known as a MEAN, apparatus, tool or device that produces a sound (be it harmonious or cacophonous). “MEDIA” itself is dominated by COMMERCIALS, and as we know ALL commercials are attempting to promote or persuade you to partake of a product, service or even both.
One Sunday Afternoon….
I decided to do a quick observational study on COMMERCIALS in general. A few years back God blessed me with the opportunity to hear about the three things commercials teach. To give you some insight, commercials teach:
1. All problems are resolvable – (By Man)
2. All problems are resolvable quickly – (Everything is an easy fix)
3. All problems are resolvable by technology – (Man-made )
Most commercials promote temporal things, rarely do they promote things of eternal value.
ETERNAL VALUE IS PRICELESS, IT CAN NOT BE SOLD, BUT IT CAN BE SOWED.
In a brief period of about 45 seconds to 1 minute I observed:
1. Eleven commercials
2. All eleven were attempting to sell or promote something
3. Two out of the eleven were promoting television shows
4. Two out of the eleven commercials mentioned something about FaceBook
So, I decided to perform another quick observation. In my findings I observed:
1. Nine commercials
2. All nine were attempting to sell or promote something
3. Three out of the nine were promoting upcoming films
4. One commercial had a FaceBook mention in its advertisement
All in a span of 45 seconds to 1 minute.
No matter what type of seed is planted, if the ground is pliable and has been watered, the seed will produce after its own kind.
This principle is true whether we are referring to the Kingdom of Our Lord and His Christ or the systems of this world (age).
Commercials are quick and subtle, yet very powerful. The eye gate (visual) and the ear gate (audio) are subject to commercialization if we don’t take heed to the message that is being delivered. We sometimes have trouble discerning the motive because we reside in an ENTERTAINMENT- BASED society, full of performance with little or no pertinence to our eternal being.
EVENT VS. EXPERIENCE
To Be Continued….
Marcus L. Cage
Kingdom Visionary Network